Inemer & Wolf LLP

New York City, New York CPA firm

Free Consultation

Resident and Non-Resident Alien Tax Services

Most individuals want to comply with international tax laws but find interpreting these laws very difficult. At Inemer & Wolf LLP, our New York City CPA firm recognizes your challenges and will explain complex tax regulations in terms you can understand. Our team of CPAs has assisted non-resident and resident aliens with a variety of international tax planning and tax preparation services and we can help you too.

First, we'll determine your residency status to figure out what treaty benefits you and how you will be taxed. If you meet the substantial presence test, you will be considered a resident alien for tax purposes and have the same reporting requirements as a U.S. citizen and green card holder. This means you'll have to file a Form 1040 or U.S. resident income tax return. Like U.S. citizens, resident aliens are taxed on worldwide income, but from foreign sources may be eligible for a foreign tax credit. Non-resident aliens, however, are only taxed on U.S. source income.

non-resident alien tax services

Tax services for non-resident aliens and foreign nationals:

  • Tax return preparation for resident and non-resident aliens
  • Assistance obtaining International Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITINS)
  • Compensation relocation consulting
  • Pre-immigration tax planning
  • Estate and gift tax planning
  • Foreign bank disclosure assistance - FBAR (Foreign Bank and Financial Account Report) and FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act)
  • Business tax returns

Call 212-944-2555 today to speak with us about your international tax questions or request a consultation through our website now. We work resident and non-resident aliens to ensure compliance with the United States tax code.